Human capital development is necessaryDecember 9, 2018
वन स्टॉप सेंटर योजनाJuly 20, 2019
Why in the discussion?
A recent study by the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) has shown that methanol mixed petrol can be used to reduce carbon dioxide emissions by using existing BS-IV standard cars.
This study was done in real situations to assess carbon dioxide emissions. In vehicles 15 percent of methanol (M-15) mixture was used and about 3,000 km They were tested by running till
These findings of the study have been handed over to the Ministry of Transport. The ministry is also ready to promote research on methanol composite, as the goal of the government is to increase the fuel composite by 20 percent by 2030.
- Methanol economy can help to reduce the import of crude oil and use the vast reserves of coal in the country.
- According to an estimate, India spends 7 lakh crores every year on the import of crude oil.
- By reducing the import, using alternative fuels can save about Rs 2 lakh crore. This savings can be used to promote the weakening agricultural sector in the country.
- India currently imports methanol from Saudi Arabia and Iran. The Policy Commission has prepared a comprehensive plan to reduce crude oil import by 20 percent with the help of methanol alone.
- Methanol can prove to be a game changer for the Indian economy.
- Methanol is a good fuel used in many parts of the world.
- In most countries it is made of natural gas, whereas in India it can be obtained from locally available coal.
What is methanol?
- Methanol is a light, volatile, colorless, flammable liquid.
- This is easily made of alcohol. It is also useful in biofuel production.
- It is an organic compound and it is also called black alcohol.
- It is made of natural gas, coal and various types of materials.
Because its combustion reduces the emission of carbon dioxide.
Because it is available locally
Methanol can also be made from agricultural products, coal and municipal waste.
It is a reliable fuel for water transport because it is a cheap alternative to cleaner, fossil fuel than fossil fuel and heavy fuel.
Read Also:-Human capital development is necessary